Saturday, January 12, 2013

Avalon

For today's review I'll be looking at Avalon by SSA Glass. Click any of the photos to see their full version! 

Pouch:
Size Comparison:

I decided to review this glass dildo for rather superficial reasons. First, I only had one glass dildo at the time of requesting Avalon, and had been meaning to expand that collection. Secondly, I was listening to Mickey Avalon's My Dick. Though I wouldn't say that this dick was "good for nothin'" I also wouldn't say it was "good good lovin'". 

I found this dildo to be too narrow, at it's widest point it's an inch across. The bumpy side was too smooth and thin for me to really feel the bumps. If I squeezed my pc muscles while thrusting I could distinctly feel the different bumps, but I was far too lazy to do this for long. This was also the only way I was able to achieve any g-spot stimulation with this toy. The opposite smooth side starts off at its widest and tapers down. This side was just a little too dull for me. I would not recommend either end for anal play as there is no flared base. Though this is a double ended dildo, I wouldn't recommend having two people use it internally at the same time given the rigidity of this toy.

This dildo is made of glass, so it can be used for temperature play, by either bringing the toy in the bath or heating/cooling a cup of water for the dildo. Also testing the chilled/heated toy on your nose before placing it anywhere more sensitive can help avoid potential mishaps. When including temperature play I found this dildo to be much more interesting, and it would make for a good introductory temperature play toy.

Any lubricant can be used with this toy, and not that much is needed. The glass is completely smooth and devoid of any taste or scent. It can be easily cleaned with a dishwasher, through boiling, using toy cleaner, or hand washing with warm water and soap.

The Avalon I was sent was wrapped in bubble wrap, its storage pouch, and sent in a plain cardboard box. I found it rather odd that this toy didn't come in it's own distinct sealed packaging given it's made by a fairly large manufacturer. 

All in all this may be a fine dildo for someone who enjoys skinny toys or is new to temperature play and/or penetration; however if you enjoy distinctive texture and an average girth or wider, I would skip this one.


Grade Breakdown: 58

Value: 1/5 
At Eden Fantasys for just under $30


Aesthetics: 15/20 
A nice lilac, though rather plain. 

Pleasure: 42/75 
Intended Functionality: 0/5 

Not the right shape for me. 
Reusability: 20/20 
Easy to clean.  
Best Functionality: 22/50 
Solely as a temperature play dildo.  

Thank you Eden Fantasys!

FTC: Eden Fantasys provided Sex Toy Review Land with Avalon free of charge for an honest review. Though links have been used,  this has not altered any of my opinions stated within the review, and does comply with the FTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment