Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sliquid Satin

For today's review I'll be looking at Satin by Sliquid



I only have two negative things to say about Satin: one- it doesn't come in a pump bottle (though that's easily fixed), and two- it isn't sold in larger volumes. That is all. Satin is by far my favorite lube, whether playing with myself, partners, or toys. It's a water based lubricant so it's silicone friendly and latex friendly. Satin also has Aloe Vera, giving it a cushier feel than most lubes. Satin has a bit of a taste, it's rather subdued though and I've only noticed it when tasting Satin alone, when on genitalia it's not recognizable. It has a scent, though only when smelling the entire bottle rather than a bit of lube, which I find reminiscent of soap. It can be used for anal, though I would go with an even thicker lube like Sassy or Maximus. I find Satin lasts longer than most water based lubricants, though certainly not as long as a silicone based lubricant. Since it is water based though, a little water itself can wake the lube right back up. When finished, one can either use soap and water to rinse off the lube, or rub it in as a moisturizer

Satin is actually designed for daily use for any vulva owner who has regular dryness due to menopause, medication, etc. Like all Sliquid products, Satin is paraben free and glycerine free, though if any irritation occurs, one should stop using it.

Satin is also vegan, and the ingredients are as follows: 

Purified Water, Plant Cellulose (from Cotton), Carrageenan, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Natural Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Cyamopsis (Guar Conditioners), Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

Grade Breakdown: 98  

Value: 5/5 
At Eden Fantasys for just under $23
for 8.5 ounces 

Aesthetics: 19/20 
A simple container, though I like the blue.

Pleasure: 74/75 
Intended Functionality: 5/5
Keeps vulvas moist if experiencing dryness. 
Reusability: 19/20 

The flip top is rather annoying.
Best Functionality: 50/50 

It's a fantastic lube, and I like it best with my other toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment