Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Flash

For today's review, I'll be looking at the Flash by Lovehoney.  As always, click any image to see a larger version!

 Side:
 Size comparison:
Open (from Lovehoney.com) :
Thus far, I've reviewed two other vibrators made by Lovehoney- the Sqweel 2 and Happy Rabbit Natural. Both of these were decent vibrators, and had the potential to be awesome for the right user. The Flash unfortunately does not meet these standards.

Flash is, like its namesake, flashy- a small toy that can easily be traveled with, it charges via usb, has multiple modes and a single power button to flicker through them all. However its vibrations are buzzy and surface-level, rather than deep1. If you are rather sensitive, or want to use this vibrator solely for teasing, then it works. I found it particularly great for orgasm denial play. Though given the level of its buzziness, it can invoke temporary numbness.

The Flash has a silicone finish, so you want to stick with water-based lubricants. It's also marketed as waterproof; however the two halves pull apart easily, and I wouldn't use it underwater. I found its noise level greatly fluctuated, sometimes it was quiet, like a single bee buzzing, and other times the entire hive was active. This toy has a contoured tip, which didn't affect my experience positively or negatively.

I really wanted to love this vibrator- from its sleek and simple appearance, to how easily it can discretely charge off my laptop. Hopefully a second version will come out, with a vastly stronger and rumbly motor. 

1Such as say the We-Vibe Salsa or Touch.

Grade Breakdown: 65

Value: 1/5
Not worth it unless you really like buzzy vibrations.

Aesthetics: 19/20
Overall I like its appearance,
though I'd prefer the lovehoney band be made of a nicer metal.

Pleasure: 45/75
Intended Functionality: 2/5
Easy to use, but not powerful.
Reusability: 18/20
Can be quickly wiped down with a toy cleaner,
and charges quickly.
Best Functionality: 25/50
I found its best use was teasing and foreplay,
it simply produced bland orgasms.

Thanks Lovehoney!

FTC: Lovehoney has provided Sex Toy Review Land with the Flash free of charge for an honest review. Though links have been used, this has not altered any of my opinions stated within the review, and does comply with the FTC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment